The Romance, German and Slavic Languages and Literatures Department offers language practice in all languages that we teach. Students are invited to drop in virtually during scheduled hours to get one-on-one help from a language practice partner.
Questions about RGSLL language practice? Please contact Carliss Parker-Smith at [email protected] or 202-994-6331.
Language practice is offered during the academic year, beginning mid-September for the fall semester and mid-January for the spring semester and ending in the last week of classes.
Most language practice sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis. French and German sessions can be reserved in advance. Times and dates are subject to change, so please view the online schedule prior to dropping in.
All sessions are currently offered virtually. View the online schedule to see available appointments and log on. When available, in-person appointments are held at Phillips Hall, Suite 510 A/B on Foggy Bottom Campus.
Language Practice Policies
- Language practice is available only to GW students currently enrolled in language courses.
- Sessions will be limited to 20 minutes unless there are no other students waiting.
- Practice partners will guide students based on observations of common errors but will not complete students’ assignments.
- Partners do not act as proofreaders or teachers.
- The GW Code of Academic Integrity must be respected during all sessions.