Certificate in French
The 12-credit Certificate in French is a special program that is ideal for undergraduate students who wish to focus on French language but cannot accommodate the 18-credit minor into their schedules. The certificate consists of four courses, beginning at FREN 1004: Intermediate French II or above. Once completed, the certificate will appear as a mention on the student’s transcript.
How to Apply
Students must meet with D. Bradford Marshall, director of the French program, and declare their four-course plan no later than the first month of their penultimate semester at GW.
- Four courses (12 credits) must be completed, beginning at FREN 1004: Intermediate French II or above.
- Three of the four courses must be taken at GW.
- All courses must be in French.
- At least one course must be at the 3000 level or above.
- Students must receive a B or higher in each required course.